Friday, December 7, 2012

Lots of progress...getting very close.

I've finally made progress on getting the GT back on the road. We've had a run of mild December weather here in North Carolina with the temps in the 60's and 70's which makes it easier to work on the car since I have no garage.

Here's a list of what I've gotten done this week.
Installed the fog and driving lights on a bar inside the airdam
Got the headlights and all other lights working---the wiring was a total mess
All the interior carpet panels are installed except the doors (waiting on some parts)
Installed all new LED and cold cathode tube interior lighting with LED courtesy lights under the doors to light up the ground when you get out of the car at night.
New 6-speaker sound system with am/fm/cd/usb/sd and Satellite
Rewired half of the harness under the dash (what a mess)
Cold cathod lighting in the cargo area
LED brake, tail and turn signal lights
Dual LED high 3rd brake lights
LED back up lights wired to the 4-synchro transmission
LED gauge lights
Modified late model center console armrest with LED map/task lights
Horn wiring sorted out and horns installed
aux power outlets installed
Modified speaker console with toggle controls for interior. fog. driving lights plus seat heater controls. all with LED indicators and dim LED lighting

It's been a busy week :)

I found an adaptor at Victoria British for the temp sender which is different on the older MG's so I don't have to swap out gauges.
The interior lighing is really nice.  I used the cold cathode light tubes, commonly called neon lighting (but it's not) I have two 6" tubes on the roof surround at the B pillars, two 12" tubes under the dash, two under the seats and two in the cargo area activated by a switch  that turns on the lights in the pare tire bay when you open the cargo cover.
I also installed LED's in the bottoms of the doors to light up the ground when  you step out of the car.

I'm still working on getting the windshield wipers working but I've figured out the wiring problem so it's just a matter of putting it back together.

I also installed the relay controlled second fuse panel on under the passenger side dash.  it will control the heated seats, sound system, interior lighting and aux power outlets.

And I have heated seats now too!  :)

I'll write more later but I'm getting excited...she's getting close to being ready to drive again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just ran across your Blog with pics. Absolutely love it! I am currently restoring a '73 MGB and had been looking for someone who did us fiberglass on floor boards. Than found this Blog. Can u share with my specifics and using LED lights for the rear lamps?

    ReplyDelete