Monday, February 28, 2011

2-28-2011 It's the brake cylinders stupid---and...re-compressing

So I checked the brake master cylinder on the GT just before a shitstorm of rain and wind hit today. The master was about half full of brake fluid though I just filled it two weeks ago and have only driven the car a few dozen miles since.

So the river of oil on the garage floor is actually a river of brake fluid.
No biggie. The rear brake cylinders are being replaced and I'll be replacing the rear axle oils seals at the same time anyway. I'll pull the complete brake assemblies off the roadster rear axle tonight or tomorrow and they should bolt right up to the GT.

I picked up a compressor yesterday. it's a 20-gallon Campbell Hausfield and nowhere as big as I needed but I need money more than a big compressor. I can just pick up a Harbor Freight cheapo as a back up and just switch back and forth between the two if I'm doing any high-volume air tool work.

No comments:

Post a Comment